Dragon Tiger is undoubtedly one of the simplest games you can find in Asian live casinos. In fact, it may just be the easiest live casino game in any online casino. Many liken it to baccarat, although it arguably has more in common with Casino War. Popular with Asian players who like streak betting, the game is so basic it is suitable for most newbies taking their first steps in the online live casino gaming world.
Recommended Live Dragon Tiger Casinos
The following casinos are ordered alphabetically. Please note that the welcome bonus offer may vary depending on your country/region. For further details on the respective bonuses please refer to our individual language sites.
Banking also in Yen
Regular Free Spins
Play 4 Games At Once
|EN, JP, ZH||Play||Review|
Asian-centric Live Casino
Large Welcome Bonus
|EN, TH, VN, ZH||Play|
Many Software Providers
Rewarding VIP Scheme
|Live Casino House||
Many Asian-centric Live Dealer Games
Large Welcome Bonus
Various Asian Countries Accepted
|EN, JP, TH, VN, ZH||Play|
|Vera & John||
Popular in Japan
Language abbreviations: EN – English | JP – Japanese | TH – Thai | VN – Vietnamese | ZH – Chinese
Key Features of Live Dragon Tiger Online
It doesn’t take pages of “how to play guides” to get to grips with this Asian classic. In fact, you can pick up and play the game in mere moments. That is part of Live Dragon Tiger’s appeal. First and foremost, two cards are dealt onto the table, one is known as the Dragon and the other, the Tiger.
- Basic Gameplay, Ideal for Rookies: Players place a bet on whether the Dragon or Tiger card will be the highest.
- Side-Bets Galore: Most Live Dealer Dragon Tiger games come with a host of side-bets which you can make. We’ll come to those in a little more detail in a few moments.
- Add-Ons and Goodies: Roadmaps, statistics and other data flood the screen when you play, so you’ve got ample resources of past hands to draw on if that makes a difference to how you play.
This fast-paced game is over in mere seconds, and the interface of any Live Dragon Tiger game will be easy to navigate. Some Live Dealer Dragon Tiger games see the dealers dish out the cards one at a time, and others reveal both at the same time. It doesn’t really make any difference to the gameplay, though, whatever version of Live Dealer Dragon Tiger you happen to play.
Live Dragon Tiger Games in More Detail
There are no variants of Live Dragon Tiger out there. The developers which produce the game each have just one version for you to play, and almost all of these follow the same basic rules. Developers may add their own touch in terms of the side-bets which are available, but all follow the same basic skeletal structure.
The downside to playing Live Dragon Tiger (if you really want to find one) is that it is not as commonly offered to players as other major live dealer games, such as baccarat, blackjack, and roulette. The upside is that while many European casinos won’t offer their players the game, most Asian online casinos will.
Mobile Gameplay: As is customary for live dealer casino games, many versions of Live Dragon Tiger can be played on mobile devices. However, don’t expect to be able to play free play versions of this game at too many places. There may, however, be RNG (random number generator) versions of Dragon Tiger which can be played freely as demos. Again, though, you won’t need any practice when it comes to a game this basic.
Live Dragon Tiger games can also generally be played in a variety of Asian languages, as well as English, and you have a few different software providers to choose from when deciding to play this game (for example Evolution Gaming and Ezugi). Other options are also at hand, so let’s look at some of these next.
On Table Options When Playing Live Dragon Tiger
Almost all versions of Live Dealer Dragon Tiger carry the same features. Amongst the options you are likely to have open to you when you play this game are:
- Roadmaps: Most Live Dragon Tiger games offer roadmaps. These history and statistics options allow you to quickly peruse the result of previous hands, to potentially identify patterns which may (or may not, of course) help you predict upcoming hands.
- Side-Bets: Almost all Live Dragon Tiger games contain side-bets, though, which ones you have open to you varies from game to game.
- Mobile Gameplay: Although the cameras are fixed in Dragon Tiger, most games will permit you to play on your mobile, and this does alter the interface you have in front of you. You can also adjust the quality of your streams, from low quality for poor internet connections, to HD quality video for those of you with better connections.
Dragon Tiger Betting Options
Back to the game at hand. You have several betting options open to you when betting on Live Dealer Dragon Tiger. Keep in mind that Aces of low (1s) in this game. Some of the more commonly placed bets are:
- Dragon/Tiger Hand: Successfully betting on a Dragon or Tiger hand (which hand will be worth the most in terms of points) pays out at 1:1.
- Tied Hand: Betting on the hand’s being tied can see you win 11:1, at least with Evolution Gaming’s version. Other developers’ games have a tied hand at 10:1 or even 8:1.
- Dragon/Tiger Big: A simple bet, this offers a 1:1 pay-out on cards worth more than 7.
- Dragon/Tiger Small: Another simple bet. It also offers 1:1 when you bet on a Dragon or Tiger hand worth lower than 7. Hands worth 7 lose on both Big and Small bets.
As well as the basic bets, Live Dragon Tiger side-bets can also be brought into play. These can include:
- Dragon/Tiger Suited: Players can win 3:1 if they bet on a successful Dragon or Tiger hand which has the suit they have predicted.
- Dragon/Tiger Suited Tie: If players successfully predict a tied hand with a suited bet, then they can pocket wins worth 50:1.
Recommendation: Live Casino House
If live dealer casino games are your forte, you can’t go wrong with Live Casino House. Playable in English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai or Vietnamese, their collection of live games are streamed from various top casinos and studios across Asia, with the likes of Evolution Gaming and Ezugi providing the games, amongst others. Also keep an eye out for their selection of Asia Gaming (AG) speciality casino games (see video below), if you want a taste of home when playing online at this site. Last but not least they also feature a dedicated section for slot games.
The RTP in Live Dealer Dragon Tiger
Live Dragon Tiger is a mixed bag when it comes to house edges. Players should note that in the event of a tie, the house will take 50% of a wager. The edge on a Dragon or Tiger wager comes to 3.73% in this live dealer game. Tied bets have a house edge of 32.77%, and Big/Small bets have a house edge of 7.69%.
As you may have guessed, the house edges are not that favourable to players. They are higher than in Casino War and much higher than in baccarat. That may dissuade some players from giving it a crack but given that the game is so incredibly simple to play, it does still have a lot of appeal.
Play Dragon Tiger Online – How to Credit Your Online Casino Account
You can virtually forget about playing Live Dragon Tiger as a free play game. If you fancy your chances at having a crack at this game, you’re going to have to deposit. Doing so is a doddle in the best Asian live casinos. Many top Asian casinos accept USD deposits (some also enable you to do your banking in your local currency), and you have several payment options open to you to use.
Amongst the deposit methods, with which you can regularly deposit to your online casino account, are ecoPayz, iWallet, Venus Point, as well as conventional card payments such as VISA.
Live Dragon Tiger Bonuses
Most Asian online casinos are more than adept at offering you bonuses and promotions. While you may be able to snap up a welcome bonus for joining said casinos, and may even prosper from cashback offers here and there, very few casinos have something special in store in the way of Live Dragon Tiger promotions.
Our advice would be to claim the general welcome bonus that an Asian live casino has to offer, as the funds from this bonus can often be used to play Live Dealer Dragon Tiger anyway. In any way, it is always advisable to check the terms and conditions of a bonus offer to determine which games qualify towards fulfilling the wagering requirements.
The History of Dragon Tiger: Asia’s Simplest Card Game
Dragon Tiger isn’t just a popular game with Asian players; it was created in Asia. Developed and debuted in Cambodia, the game rapidly spread to the major casinos of the Far East and became a particularly big hit when it debuted in Macao.
Today, countless Asian card players enjoy the game, and it has slowly been spreading to North America and Europe, too. Simpler than baccarat and more entertaining than Casino War, the simplicity of this game has made it an instant hit with Asian players, no matter which part of the continent they hail from.